Sunday 3 February 2008

Miisssss

I would expect that you may not read this until tomorrow but lets hope... basically i think I was going down the wrong road when writing my conclusion, which is why I am lacking in a completed one. I understand the enthalpy decreases as the length of the hydrocarbon increases, and at first I thought "they have weaker intermolucular forces"
Am I right, an If so why do they have weaker forces? And If I am wrong, what is the answer? Google has not been very helpful!
I hope you find this before the end of the evening as I may not be able to finish otherwise, and I really don't want you to shout at me :(
Sorry
Anyone who can help please do x

2 comments:

Rosy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosy said...

The enthalpy change increases (becomes more negative) as the carbon chain length gets longer! it's all to do with bond enthalpies. Think, what happens when you add an extra carbon atom? (extra hydrogen atoms + more products formed)!